What is Gonzo?
Gonzo is a freeware, opensource editor that generated markdown code and shows the html result during typing.
- most useful markdown codes supported in the interface
- very simple user interface, codes also reachable with shortcuts (like ctrl+1 for heading 1)
- relatively intelligent: if you press ctrl+2 while a level 2 heading is selected, it does not add an extra code (##) for level 2
- shows wordcount
- multiple open files at the same time is possible (tabbed file interface)
- it generates markdown files that are picked up by Leanpub and produce a nicely formatted ebook.
- bulleted lists and numbered lists not supported from the interface
- no support for tables
- no buttons in the interface: all commands can be reached with menu items or shortcuts only
- more complex markdown codes like images and hyperlinks are inserted as a template only; you have to fill in the blanks yourself