What is Markdownpad?
Markdownpad is a freeware text editor that generates markdown code and shows the html result during typing.
- most useful markdown codes are covered
- preview shows what you probably will get after conversion to an ebook
- no need to know the more complex markdown codes (images and hyperlinks)
- very simple user interface
- It actually works: the file generated leads to a well-formatted Leanpub manuscript, at least in my little test.
- does not cover everything: for example, bulleted lists are supported but not numbered lists
- image insertion: not possible to select a file (only relative or absolute hyperlink)
- not “intelligent”: when you twice press H2, the markdown code for H2 (##) is also generated twice
- not possible to link to places in the same document
- not possible to relatively link to places in another document
- no support for tables